Concordia University Ann Arbor (CUAA) will honor the veterans and service members of the community by presenting them with a commemorative gift and a $5,000 scholarship certificate issued in their name. The designee may use the scholarship, confer it to another veteran, or present it to one of their dependents.
Part of the proceeds from the Veterans Day Celebration will help Homefront Hugs, a national organization, providing support to our troops and their families. www.vetsdaycelebration.com
Join us also with a look into our past with this WWII exhibit. Learn why Detroit was coined “The Arsenal of Democracy.” why I-94 was so important and the stories from Willow Run and surrounding areas.
Military Demonstrations and Displays
The Pentagon has approved the following displays and demonstrations, but be advised that Operation Enduring Freedom and Operation New Dawn have priority for assets and personnel:
· 19th Special Forces Parachute Insertion and Gabriel Demonstration
· US Army Strategy Simulation for 20 students at a time
· National Guard Obstacle Course
· Air Station Detroit Water Rescue Demonstration
· Chinook Helicopter (the one like last year)
· Blackhawk Helicopter (the general purpose truck of the air)
· Dolphin Helicopter (the one they will use for the water rescue demonstration
· Military Vehicles (such as troop transports, combat vehicles, heavy transport trucks, etc)
Veterans History Project
Mr. William Vollano will be working with Concordia’s communications students and Professor Glenda Waterman to collect oral histories of combat veterans. Interviews will be conducted on or before November 11 according to the veteran’s schedule.
Military Mom Talk Radio on airs on Mondays at 2pm pst on www.toginet.com and can be downloaded directly from www.itunes.com . Military Mom Talk Radio is co-hosted by Sandra Beck and Tina Gonzalez and powered by Motherhood Incorporated.